Aug 20, 2012

I Never Have Liked Motorcycles

The kidlets had fun at the party Saturday!



1 - It was my 12 year old nephews birthday party. They didn't order a cake so he chose this one. :)

2 - Layla & my niece (sort of), Noelle. (this baby girl has a heartbreaking story, maybe I'll share it someday)

3 - Corbin & my sister in law riding the go karts!

4 -
I squatted down to take her picture so she thought she was supposed to do it too.

5
- Layla & her Daddy. (I don't think she knew what to think about it)

6 & 7 - Mini Bowling. soo cute.

It was a long weekend, not long enough but too much going on. Sunday my cousins boyfriend was in a serious motorcycle accident, the brakes locked up and he hit a tree so hard that the tree split. He is in ICU with several ribs shattered, head laceration, legs and arms stitched up, internal bleeding, brain swelling/bruising. They found out today he has a collapsed lung from being punctured by his ribs. He is able to talk now, thank God, but still needs lots of prayers for all the healing and surgery.

Ive always been afraid of riding motorcycles and this is exactly why. I actually really don't like even driving at all!


9 comments:

Bri Buzali said...

I just emailed you asking if it was your birthday, woops! Looks like y'all had a great time! :)

Janna Renee said...

I'm sorry for your friend! I just learned to ride, and now I understand more than ever just how scary bikes can be....

Sarah Lynn said...

Thank you. We thought everything was looking up but things are worse now and he isn't handling it very well, shaking, crying and saying he cant do this anymore. It is really scary.
My mom and brothers ride too. I guess we can't all live in fear of what could happen but I for sure never want to ride one again!

Heather said...

Ugh I hate hearing things like this - thoughts and prayers to your family... my boyfriend has a bike (I've never ridden on it) - I hate them too...

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

My-cliffnotes said...

I don't like them either!! I hope he's doing much better today!

Sammantha said...

prayers!

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Sarah Lynn said...

Thank you he needs all the prayers he can get.
My boyfriend had been saying he wanted one I keep telling him no no nooo!! Scares me so much!

Sarah Lynn said...

I wish I could say he is, but things just keep getting worse. I hope thats the case very soon though!!

Sarah Lynn said...

Appreciate it. Thanks!