Aug 14, 2012

Love Love Love Love Crazy Love

The Love Story... Its a long one..

We went to elementary school together and I knew who he was because his little brother was in my class.. Jacob had no idea I existed though.. : (

Fast Forward 2 years

We go to the same school again (middle school), he’s 2 years ahead of me but we ride the same bus. Out of all my years in school if I could go back it’d be to the 6th grade and that bus. Seriously. 

So now Jacob knows who I am and he even likes me! One day he decides I’m his “girlfriend” (I guess that’s how it happened, not sure how that really works when you’re 12) I’m kind of a big deal. He draws me pictures and gives me stuffed animals, all that cute 12yr old stuff. 

I have no idea really how long this girlfriend situation went on for but he made sure to remind me of how it ended. Apparently he came over one day with his friend and this friend found a note in my room that was to me or from me, I’m not sure now, but it was about the love business involving me and another little boy. Oops. 

We didn’t talk or see each other anymore after that. It was the summer before he left for high school. I moved away, we went to different high schools...

Fast Forward almost 9 years. Yes, 9!!
 
So 9 years later and along comes MySpace…  I’m 8 months pregnant,  in a bad relationship, I’m a SAHS (stay at home sleeper -  I don’t cook or clean *remember that’s the mans job* and no kids yet..  You get it), & I’m in the process of selling my house (with the guy I was with) and buying the house I grew up in from my mom… trying to prepare my escape. 

I had thought about Jacob over the years. He was a really sweet boy and I felt bad for what happened when we were younger.

One day, out of nowhere I get a message on MySpace from a Jacob, no last name on it, I knew exactly who it was. He had been stalking my page, he wrote me to congratulate me on the baby I was due to have 2 weeks later. That 1 little message turned into hundreds (thousands?!) 

Fast Forward 7 months
 
I had my son, left the guy I was in a relationship with.. It had been 7 months and the messages from Jacob kept coming.. I thought about him constantly and I needed to see him! We knew each other so long ago and had filled in each other on a lot that had happened since then.

We finally made plans to meet up.  It was exciting and scary, yeah we had been talking for a long time but hadn’t seen each other in almost 9 years! We met at my friends house. I had obviously seen new pictures of him but I still expected the boyfriend I had when I was 12 to walk in.. I was a nervous wreck, thank god I was the one already there and sitting down. 

He comes in and he’s TALL. Over a foot taller than me. I couldn’t tell that from the pictures! Then he starts talking and holy lord, deep voice, he’s a MAN! (with a baby face) I’m not joking, I was in shock, I was really expecting the little boy I used to know to be there. 

We mostly just sat there staring at each other without talking. (I found out later he’s a monk) We saw each other almost every day after that and we still talked every day when we didn’t.

That was the end of his life as he knew it and I bet you he regrets ever is so thankful for sending me that 1st little message for the rest of his life!



Some pictures of us over the past 4 years. While making this I realized I don't have any of us after December 2011. What the.. I'll have to fix that!
 
The song is Yesterday by Atmosphere. He had it on his myspace and I listened to it over and over not knowing he did too because of me. Love it. :)


P.S. He isn’t really a monk but even he says that he should have been. He doesn’t talk a lot unless it’s needed and goes long periods of time just being silent.
 
P.P.S. I never did get the video to work that I mentioned yesterday. Boo.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww I love that you guys ended up meeting up after not seeing each other for 9 YEARS! It's crazy how growing up, you really have no idea who you're going to end up with. Cute story :) Thanks for sharing!

Niken said...

this kind of story that makes people still believe fairytales are true. because it sounds magical. after 9 years of not seeing each other? that's just too sweet

Sarah Lynn said...

Thanks. It is crazy, I definitely never thought I'd be with him or even see him again!

Sarah Lynn said...

Aww thank you! :)